- Communication is important. Ensure that your Martian has a working translator. Provide expletive vocabulary as required.
- All Martians look alike. All humans look alike. Wear name badges and teach each other how to pronounce them.
- Remember that alcohol may have unexpected side-effects when fed to extra-terrestrial life forms.
- At brown bag lunches, prevent your Martian from eating the brown bag. The extra fibre will not be conducive to a good working relationship.
- On no account should you tell your Martian that there’s more than one way to skin a cat.
- Your Martian may have a higher technical capability than you do. Make careful notes of anything that he produces which seems to break the laws of physics.
- Resist the temptation to use time travel to go backwards and give yourself more time to meet important deadlines.
- Resist the temptation to use time travel to go forwards and recover the repository from the future, saving yourself the effort of writing all that code.
- Some tools are more appropriate for each job than others. There is no job which requires a sub-ether laser set to “annihilate”.
- Be careful of misunderstandings when teaching your Martian to pair.
- All posts are released under CC 3.0 by-sa unless otherwise stated.
Follow me on Twitter!My Tweets
- Guillermo Chussir on There’s no such thing as Declarative and Imperative
- Originate Guides - Storywriting Best Practices - Originate | Concept-to-launch Acceleration Partner for Digital Products & Experiences on Feature Injection and handling technical stories
- Agile Requirements & Behavior Driven Development | Pragmatic Coders on Estimating Complexity
- breaking models
- business value
- capability red
- deliberate discovery
- evil hat
- learning models
- open source
- real options
- spike and stabilize